Tuesday 28 November 2017

The Beauty of Us

For the one I have now fallen in love with..
I'm lying in my bed and you come to mind again. Memories, short ones but they make my heart race anyway. Like when I woke up to your face, I want that now. Everyday. Or like when I met you for the first time and you told me your name but I already knew. Or like when I felt your smile and bathed in your laughter, or like when I got to truly feel your skin and taste your lips.
Remember that night, we shared a blanket and we talked about how the school system was ruining us.
I remember you telling me 'Not tonight.' and seeing pieces of my heart at my feet. We didn't talk for days, I see you pass and all I could do was breathe in the air around you. Watch you walk and watch you laugh. Watch you pay attention to another while my heart sang songs of jealousy.
While I loved him, I liked you. No other from the two of you. I can't have him but I can have you. So why are you running away? Why are you so far? Why won't you take a leap, maybe not for me but for the sake of yourself.
I wonder if your beauty would match mine? I would if it would be like the same in my dreams, where you move and I move and the only thing holding us back is nothing.
In my dreams, the waves swings us on its edges and throws us high up to cloud nine. And then we swing high and fast.. Then we go low and slow. Then we cry because we're in love with what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Written In Haste With Sweaty Palms

She was an emotional, manipulative yet loyal, angry and hungry poet with trust issues and a sense of humour she didn't know about. Her p...