Saturday 18 November 2017

Love and All Things Ugly

So I sat by my desk
And I thought about you
And how you make me feel.
In the silence of the dark
My heart churned out its deep feelings.
It's results is what you read.

I blame you.
Not for my breaking my heart
For I did that with my own hands
But for being you and making fall.
I don't blame you for not catching me.
It's not what you do.
You let me fall, and you watched.
Then you laid beside me and called me
Your friend.

But then you kissed me.
You loved me and called me yours.
What happens now?
You've left my side and struggling
To stand.

You're watching.
You're waiting.
You think I'll throw myself to you
Like I used to but
Maybe not today, or tomorrow.
This love is not what I want.
It's not what I need.
It's not good for me and
So I'm walking away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Written In Haste With Sweaty Palms

She was an emotional, manipulative yet loyal, angry and hungry poet with trust issues and a sense of humour she didn't know about. Her p...