Sunday 12 November 2017

Pictures and More Pictures.

Everybody can take pictures but not everybody is a photographer. There are two kinds of photographers I know, the one that takes pictures with his phone, and the one who does it with his professional camera. I'm talking about Daniel Anya and MC Manny(Nuel).

These two people I believe I'm blessed to know are two of the best 'picture snappers' I know in Uyo. As usual, I bounced into their inbox to ask them a few questions. They had a lot to say, especially my dear friend MC Manny..

'Welllll... To start, it began in school, we had photography class and it quickly became something I was good at. At the time it was just the basic edits but I enjoyed doing it.
I don't feel I have a major inspiration tho, so many things I see get to me from time to time and atime i see images posted and feel they could be so much better. So I thrive to make mine "so much better".
You know when you go to school to receive training on whatever you paid to be taught? Yeah well it sucked, so no I'd like to say very little formal training. I took it slow by practicing and some tutorials from the net and my people I consider professionals and here I am now.
It depends on the people I take pictures of, some people are just a joy to shoot (lol I mean that figuratively of course) and some are more 'of please I took the shot, now lemme alone so I can take off what I want'. While shooting places are generally cool coz there's a lot of possibilities and angles to hit that could make the shot so awesome.'

'Photography is special to me, my father was a painter and a photographer while alive. He used photography to become one of the most respected painters out there in Africa or atleast Nigeria. I feel I can use it too to become something. What? Not entirely sure yet, all I know is that it has to be Great!
Abroad! I dunno how... But I want to, the scenery, the people, the possible clientele, it's all amazing and I feel people abroad value art more than we do here at home. Think about it, you know it's true. If you're known out there, you're known everywhere.'

Talking about doing Photography as a profession for profit..

'Yes. Yes I do. A brother has to eat somehow right? What better way than doing whatchu love. I just finished school right now so no it doesn't affect in anyway.'

'I don't just take shots of what I see, lol it's not an addiction besides... Makes it less special.
When I see a potential spot, I'm like "yeah, this is gonna look damn fine when I'm done" and when I edit them, I'm like "this has to look damn fine when I'm done". Last thing you want is to drop the ball y'know.'
'My love to all that read this and share.
My handles (FB: Mc Manny, IG: it_is_nuel)'

NUEL is the one with the professional camera, he studied Fine and Industrial Arts... Not a quite a surprise for a photographer eh?

But for someone as 'sciencey' as Daniel Anya who uses his phone to create so much beauty, it's actually quite a surprise.

He had this to say, after I bounced into his DM with questions about his passion and inspiration, and the just concluded Ibom Trek Shoot(thats a story for another day)

Daniel Anya..
'It started from people commenting me for taking good photos of them. Nature and photographers. I learned it myself. I prefer taking pictures of places, people can be annoying.'(Ain't that the truth?')
'The Ibomtrekshoot(Remind me to tell you about this)was wonderful,  met wonderful people, went to wonderful places, got exposure.'

About taking up photography professionally -
'...it's a very cool hobby, I enjoy doing it really. I see it becoming a side profession, with good sponsorship and dedication...'

JOB: What goes through your mind when taking pictures?

'I see something, then I see what I want to achieve from it. In essence, I see things differently. Creativity and what I would like to achieve at the end'

I asked if he's single...

LOL... Yes, I am single.. (Ladies, I believe this means you're free to slide into his DM)

FB: Daniel Anya
IG: public_introvert_
Twitter: @DanielAnya7

- Read. Share. Comment. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Written In Haste With Sweaty Palms

She was an emotional, manipulative yet loyal, angry and hungry poet with trust issues and a sense of humour she didn't know about. Her p...