Tuesday 2 January 2018

Can You Hear Me?

I wish I could hear the butterflies, just the way I see them. I wish I knew what songs the birds sing in the morning by my window. I wish I could hear my mother pray for me.

Each time I strain, hoping maybe they're just not loud enough, all I hear is silence and darkness. An aching absence. Silence that ties you up, constrains you, keeps you awake, Blinds you and gives nightmares. You can actually hear them in your dreams. 

I wish I could hear you say 'I love you.' 
I wish you could hear me say it back. 
I can't seem to find my voice. I think fear swallowed it. I wish you could hear you, I wish you could hear me. I wish I could hear say my name, feel what it sound likes hanging off the corner of your lips. I wish you could hear how happy I am, being close to me. 

I can't hear you. What did you say? Kiss me, maybe I'll hear it then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Written In Haste With Sweaty Palms

She was an emotional, manipulative yet loyal, angry and hungry poet with trust issues and a sense of humour she didn't know about. Her p...